A New Era

Woo! I can't believe another year has gone by! Where I am right now, we're less than 24 hours away from 2014. 2013 has been such a beautiful rollercoaster ride. I've loved, I've lost. I've rejoiced, I've hurt. I've triumphed, I've failed. Most importantly, though, I have lived. Somehow, 365 days feel like they have passed me by so quickly, but at the same time, it feels as though this year has been the longest year in my life. For the first time in my life, I became an adult. And for the first time in my life, I've fallen in love.

 Each moment has been carefully folded and kept safe in my memory for years to come. I have met so many amazing people, and I feel such a joyous honor to call them "friends". I witness the loss of a friend, and I saw how all my friends came together to lean a shoulder for one another as we mourned. I've learned to step out of my comfort zone and be the woman that I want to be. I've gone back to college after a year off. I've gotten up and aimed for the moon, getting the chance to graze at the stars in the process. There are so many things that I am so grateful of in 2013. Regardless of all the tough times, the relapse, or the diagnosis, I still choose to cherish the wonderful times.

I want to do something special this New Year's Eve. Instead of just a simple "gratitude" post, I have made a playlist of videos which I believe everyone should see. 2013 has been such a big year with so many things going on -- from the government shut down, Syria, to Miley Cyrus and twerking. Which events have you focused on this year? 

Image via ibtimes.co.uk
With all the things going on in this world, we have to remember that we are humans. Our empathy and our humanity are what make us intelligent creatures. In times of need, we should remember to lend out a helping hand. It saddens me to see all the horrible things happening to humans and animals alike in our world. I'm not delusional as to say that I can just close my eyes and dream of a better world, and bam, the world will be better. It takes a lot of effort from each and every one of us to make a difference. 

I want this playlist to shine the lights on all the issues that we're facing right now. Maybe the first step in finding a solution is to acknowledge the problems at hand. Maybe "living" means we lead a life that will leave a mark on someone else's. Will you choose to turn a blind eye and hope that someone else will find a solution for the problems? Or is it time that we all stand up and make a difference? Do we simply wait till it's the final hour? Or will we make it our New Year's resolution to make an impact? Let me share my new year's resolution for 2014: get off my lazy ass and leave my mark.

Alright, let's cut the heavy stuff. It's New Year's Eve, after all. I hope everyone is going to have a blast tonight. Oh, and I hope everyone is going to get a sweet kiss when the clock strikes 12. I know my playlist is extremely long, but there are just so many great stuff out there. I hope you'll somehow going to enjoy the start of 2014 with those videos. By the way, if you haven't already, be sure to check out Upworthy. They share some of the most eye-opening content on the internet. Happy New Year, my beautiful ones! Take care!


Love, Catherine
XOXO 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ហេតុអ្វីបានជាសង្គមឲ្យតម្លៃស្រ្តីលើព្រហ្មចារីយ៍ និងសន្ទះព្រហ្មចារីយ៍?

A Letter to Dreamers: Just Keep Swimming

Snow Cookies - Short Story